So this is crazy. I received a mysterious email two days ago from a gmx.com account with the subject "Three Answers for Vince" that read:
Hi there. I am offering you answers about anything CHIKARA related, public or not. Anything at all from the last 12 seasons. Send me a maximum of 3 questions in the next 6 days. I'll answer them.
I didn't know how to take it, really. It didn't seem real, but the wording of it did so I replied with three questions. In retrospect, I wish I had taken more time to craft them. Or even sent one at a time. There are so many questions I have about all things Chikara, but I had to pick just three. After much deliberation I settled on these three.
1. Besides the financial aspect, what did WMD hope to gain by acquiring Chikara?
2. Has the Eye of Tyr been used to control anyone (or anything) besides Delirious?
3. Why were the Swamp Monster and Lance Steel at TWGP13 at the exact time that Archibald Peck traveled through time?
I wanted to cover the biggest issues in Chikara right now which to me are Archibald Peck, WMD/Titor Conglomerate and the Eye of Tyr. Maybe I'd have been better off focusing on one, but one morsel of information is more than we have right now so I asked these three. I didn't know what I expected in return, but I can say that I was surprised (and a bit shocked) when I got this email in reply:
1) Worldwide Media Development Corp. appears to be nothing more than a shell corporation erected by the Titor Conglomerate.
3) They seemed to be discussing the properties of an ever-ripe banana.
I feel like I blew my first question as I already knew that. I should have asked something about Titor. Or Condor Security. Or OSSWE. Or SOMETHING. I knew what I wanted to gain from this question, but I don't think I asked it correctly. They dodged me a bit, but still. Blew it.
The third one, again, I feel like I blew it. I knew that. Yes, the answered dodged my question. I didn't ask WHAT they were doing, I asked why, but still I feel like I screwed this up. I wanted to ask what Archie has been doing since Chikarasaurus Rex 2012 and why we haven't seen him. WHY DIDN'T I ASK THAT?
But the second one? Now that's intriguing. Is whoever recovered the Eye (possibly someone associated with Titor) controlling members of the Chikara roster? If so, who?
I want to attempt to send a follow-up email to this person, but I'm not sure if they will answer. They promised me three answers and they gave me three answers, but I'm not going to do that until I figure out what I should really be asking.
I received a tweet from Kevin Ford who says that he got the exact same email. Here were his questions and their answer:
So I got the exact same email you did. Here are the questions I asked:
1) Will the answer to the Mysterium P puzzle ever be revealed?
2) What was in the envelope Mike Quackenbush was handed at "The Shoulder of Pallas?"
3) Who was 17?
Now for #3 I kept it vague. I didn't necessarily want the idea, but moreso what his point was in general? Anyways, here were the responses I received:
1) Mysterium Populous was an overt homage to the concept of Publius Enigma that was tied to the Pink Floyd album "The Division Bell." Unlike the Enigma, the Mysterium was given a very specific timeframe to prevent it from going on indefinitely. There were 13 phases to the Mysterium, each shorter than the one before it, leading to a final phase with just one clue, and one possible answer. The person that correctly solved the Mysterium would have been awarded a prize of every single CHIKARA DVD produced up until the day the Mysterium was solved. It would have also led to the release of a 4 minute video that foreshadowed much of Season 12. On the 365th day of the Mysterium game, no person or group had even progressed to the third phase, leaving the vast majority of the puzzle unsolved. The failure of the fans to solve Mysterium Populous means the video has never, and will never be released.
2) Information collected by a third party on the Vavasseur family.
3) A bitter nobody that spent time training under Skayde.
His email answers a question that I was just curious about, a BIG question about what was in the envelope and that combined with the third one hint at who the sender may have been. I don't want to front him out in public, but I think he probably knows a LOT of holds.
Did you get an email? Check your spam folder just in case. If you did, send it to email@example.com and I can share it here.
I shared the questions portion of this post on the official Chikara 101 message board in hopes of find others with a similar experience. Since then I was banned and the thread has been deleted. Clearly, WMD/Titor does not like the questions we are asking.
Since this update posts mentioning our post or our banning have been deleted. Someone is getting annoyed.
I emailed the mysterious person a follow up:
My correspondence with you has gotten me banned from the Chikara101 forums which makes me believe you even more. Clearly you are saying things that the Titor Conglomerate don't want to be exposed. I am on your side and would like to help get the truth out. Let me know if there is any way that I can assist you.
And received this response:
You must realize how sensitive this is. There is more to come. Look for me on Sunday.
Like I said: Never Compromise is going to be huge.